Monday, March 7, 2011

Featured Artist - Beth Hemmila

Featured Artist: Beth Hemmila

Hint Jewelry Design – Portland Oregon

I’ll admit I stalk Beth’s shop almost every other day. I have several of her pieces, two horses, a cat and a goddess and they are all simple yet absolutely stunning. I find her pieces so unique and they have limitless possibilities in jewelry pieces. My current favorite is her raven.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/58174162/silver-raven-crow-charm-animal-spirit

Her blog is inspiring in so many ways, I always enjoy reading it. I am totally entrance by her new series of charms, when I wrote this they were not in her etsy yet. They may be listed in there now, I’ll be stalking her shop yet again for the snow globe charm. I love snow, it’s the perfect charm for me!

http://hintjewelry.blogspot.com/

How long have you been working in your medium?

I’ve been a sculptor for 20 years and working in metal clay for 4 years.

What drew you to this medium?

I like how I can mold this material like clay yet it transforms into pure silver.

What is your favorite thing about your art?

Connecting with symbols and researching their significance.

What's your favorite piece?

Wind Horse

What's the hardest piece you've ever made?

Love Dog because I went through a lot of different designs.

What’s the one favorite tool you cannot live without?

Burt’s bee balm

What’s your favorite thing about your workspace or studio?

A window with a view of the outside world.

Who or what inspires you?

Nature and ancient art

What's your favorite inspirational saying?

“Real happiness lies in that which never comes nor goes, but simply is.” – Yogi tea bag

What's one thing you've never done you always wanted to do?

Travel to Australia

Hint Jewelry Design: http://www.hint.etsy.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment