Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Footsteps home



Home in Victoria from a trip over New Years to Alberta. Or am I home? I think this trip I finally got what the saying "Home is where the heart is" means. When we come down the road to the bottom corner of our property in Stettler I can see clear as if it exists a small cabin on the crest of the hill, a water hole / pond below it with a tiny dock and small studio building. That image in my head is where my heart is, this trip solidified that for me.



Especially when there is snow on the ground, it just makes me want to move there all that much more. Most of our close friends have moved away from Victoria and I can do my business anywhere. I get tired of the increasing amounts of rain in the PNW and coming home to 24 hours of pelting rain didn't help.

Hopefully the image of the small cabin in my head will come to be real, someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment