Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wonderful class!


I took a absolutely wonderful class this weekend. Robyn Cornelius of Little Rock Jewellery Studio taught at Andrea G's in Pt Townsend. It was amazing!

It was a small class so we really got to focus on things we had been wanting to learn. We covered many techniques and Robyn made everything easy to understand and relaxing. I highly recommend her, the best metals class I have taken!

I am smitten with tube setting and see a lot of pieces with gemstones in my future! The folded bracelets below were a lot of fun, very organic and comfy to wear. The geode ring I made the band and Robyn did the claw setting, I am really in love with it. I wore it today and already got two compliments on it!


The piercing is far more relaxing than I ever thought it would be, it reminds me of knitting! I loved the reticulated copper, it pits and does all sorts of interesting patterns. The horse piece I am incredibly thrilled with. I think it came together really well. The key was a blast! it was Robyn's idea to put rivits in where the horse shoe nails would normally go and I really think it makes the piece.




I had such a great time, many thanks to Andrea and Whit for welcoming us into their home. Thanks to Robyn for making it such a wonderful experience. And to Marion for laughing with me a LOT, good friends make classes so much better~

0 comments:

Post a Comment