Saturday, March 26, 2011

Featured Artist - Darla Chipperly


I absolutely love Peace Love and Cowgirls! Their etsy shop is fairly new and it's fun!

My favorite piece is this cowhide cross. I've got a bit of a thing for cowhide so this is right up my alley

How long have you been working in your medium?

I actually am very new at this, I created my first piece last Aprilish.

What drew you to this medium?

Curiosity is what first drew me, I needed a hobby while being home with my little girl, she has had two heart surgeries and getting sick just wasn’t an option for the first year or so. We were basically home bound. The want to be able to afford having the western jewelry that I admired from afar drew me as well, and I wanted everyone to be able to buy a piece if they chose.

What is your favorite thing about your art?

It is my creative outlet, my little escape from everyday life…. that and I am very particular I keep working on all my pieces until they would be something I would be proud to wear, so that’s another favorite thing, my growing jewelry box, some of them don’t even make it to the facebook page!

What's your favorite piece?

Lol! All of them….. My sister bought me a necklace for my Birthday a few years ago and while the pendant was beautiful the chain it was on was not, so I took it apart and made a necklace worthy of the pendant, I wear it all the time.



What's the hardest piece you've ever made?

Again, all of them! I have an issue with finishing a piece I don’t love so most necklaces get created and destroyed multiple times before I am happy with them, that and the six strand ones are very time consuming!

What’s the one favorite tool you cannot live without?

My tackle boxes, A cheaper alternative to craft storage and durable enough to haul everywhere!!

What’s your favorite thing about your workspace or studio?

I work out of my home, so my favorite thing about my work place is when my daughter lays down for a nap and I can get some work done!

What is your other craft?

I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful two year old daughter, and I am a certified Equine massage therapist. Craft wise ……A little of everything….I enjoy painting signs, and I am about to start dabbling in a little leather work, but my horses are my passion.

Who or what inspires you?

My daughter is my inspiration, I have never met a stronger human being.

What's your favorite inspirational saying?

Remember the guy that gave up? Neither does anyone else.

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.

Life isn’t waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

What's one thing you've never done you always wanted to do?

Go back to school, although there are so many things I would like to study, I’m not sure what I want to be when I grow up (if I ever do!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment