Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Caught singing

“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

Unknown

This morning crept in dark, I woke early still fretting about the previous days drama. I yanked the covers over my head, determined to hunker down and fall back asleep. KAWHUMP, the cat landed on the bed. Her curled up on my chest and started to purr, and drool. He’s a big cat, so I stretched hoping he’d get tired of my wiggling and get off me. No such luck, he proceeded to start snoring, loudly.

A smile crept into me, slightly warming my dark inner thoughts. I started to mentally list of the “things to do” I had for that day.

Pick up my anvils – They were resurfaced and look fantastic!

Buy, write and mail Christmas cards – done!

Start another batch of resin – done, with some neat new images!

Coffee at Starbucks – done with a smile.

I also managed to squeak in some Christmas meandering. One of the things I like about the holiday season is the ornaments, the smells and the decorations.

As I drove home one of my favorite Christmas songs came on and I found myself belting out loud along with it, then giggled as the guy in the car beside me laughed at me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment