Saturday, December 18, 2010

A crisp and quiet night


“Let the beauty that we love be what we do.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

It’s a clear quiet evening here. I just fed the horses and was lulled into a calm quiet by their evening routine. Indy stood at the gate patiently waiting his halter so I can tied him to the fence while I feed the other two, so he doesn’t steal their supper. Eazy and Redman trot through the gate once opened and both immediately head for their stalls to get their warm suppers. Redman balks for a second at his door. He’s got a newly laid floor! His floor was uneven, and while dry it was a constant pain in my side to clean. Today that changed, it got tore out, new gravel dumped and mats laid back in. I’m hoping he doesn’t muddle it all up again! Indy gets led back into his paddock after he gives me a warm nuzzle, something he’s started to do after I untie him, maybe a thank you?

I love the evening routine on days like this, quiet. Everyone happy and tucked in for the night.

As a side note I have this sweet little pandora bead in my artfire shop. Crisp Christmas red flowers!



0 comments:

Post a Comment