Sunday, March 14, 2010

Be kind to yourself

I did not loose myself all at once. I rubbed out my face over the years washing away my pain, the same way carvings on stone are worn down by water. Amy Tan

We women often find it hard to be nice to ourselves. It's something I'm trying to be more aware of. Show weekends are exhausting, all though it's mainly stationary work the questions, setup, take down, commute to the show all adds up to a lot of time and energy.

I had a decent how weekend, my classes were full my students seemed happy and my sales were decent. I enjoyed myself! Met some nice people and chatted with some other great vendors.

But today I treated myself kindly. I went for breakfast with my husband, after a 1/2 hour sleep in. It's become a bit of a ritual for us, one weekday morning he feeds the horses and I get a bit of extra sleep. Then we go for breakfast, it's become a nice little way for us to spend time together.

I am feeling like I'm getting a cold so I puttered around the house and planted my blue berries. I am hoping to get a few more bushes so we have lots this year!

Now it's gently raining. When I fed the horses supper the song "I love a rainy night" got stuck in my head. I realized I DO love a rainy night, the sound of the rain on the roof when I am safely indoors to stay dry is soothing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment