Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blog Hop Reveal!!!!


What a exciting day it's the Bead Soup Blog Hop Reveal!

My Bead Soup partner was Nan Emmett and was I ever lucky! I got my gorgeous package from her mid Feb and laid it out so I could mull it over for a week or so. My favorite is the bird focal and the caps, oh the caps! I thought maybe the caps would look good on one of my beads.


I was fairly determined to not add a bunch of my glass beads and crystal. That's my "inside the box" fail safe and I really wanted to keep things simple to best flatter Nan's beads. I made this very simple necklace, basically just stringing the bird focal and matching beads on leather. It's a bit longer and I think it's something I'll wear a lot with jeans and a sweater.


I also made a bracelet only adding one of my lampwork beads, and this was harder than I thought. I realized how I tend to repeat the same stringing pattern over and over. I really tried to keep things simple in this, I LOVE her caps!




This is my leftover bead soup, the heart is already on a key chain. It's perfect for me with my last name being Valentine and all I collect hearts!

I want to thank Nan for being such a wonderful partner, I adore the beads I got from you!


Last but certainly not least check out the other Bead Souper's. You'll see some amazing and creative work. There is a complete list with links on Lori's blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment